This indenture of Trust made this the tenth day of April 1982 by Sri T.R.Thulasiram, Son of T.K.Rama, residing at 26,Rue Saint Louis, Pondicherry I (hereinafter referred to as the founder of the trust).
Whereas the said T.R.Thulasiram being a disciple of Sri Aurobindo and the mother joined Sri Aurobindo Ashram Pondicherry as its inmate since 25-12-1968, after leaving his family and audit profession at Madurai; and whereas he has written the following books of a research nature dealing with the comparative yoga and spiritual literature of the great yogis namely Swami Ramalingam of vadalur, Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, all of whom aimed at and advocated an all-round and integral development and evolution of man in his soul and self, and in his mind, life and body and for a collective harmony of the human life at large without distinction of caste, community, race, religion and nationality; and whereas the founder of the trust hereby dedicates and vests the copyrights of the said books in this trust to hold the same in trust for the charitable objects of this trust; and whereas the titles of the said books are namely 1)ArutPerum Joti and Deadless Body (in two volumes), 2)Conquest of Death or Complete Divinity (text and commentary of “Jothi Agaval” of Swami Ramalingam) and 3)Yogi Ramalingam’s vision of nuclear atom and the nervous system; and whereas free right of publication for the first edition of the said first book(in its two volumes) has been given to the University of Madras, Madras 5 and whereas the Madras University has published the same in December 1981.
NOW THIS INDENTURE OF TRUST WITNESS AS FOLLOWS:
1. The name of the Trust shall be Auro-Me-Ramalingam Trust and its office shall be situate at 33, Mahal 4th Street, Madurai.
2. (A) The trust is established for the following charitable objects :
- to spread , promote and support education and the study and dissemination of knowledge and practice among students, teachers and the general public in the integral yoga and spiritual literature and teachings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother of Sri Aurobindo Ashram , Swami Ramalingam and such other great saints and yogis who have aimed at and propagated an integral all-round development of man in his spirit and nature, action and fulfillment, and in his bodily and mental health and harmony with vital energy, and in the spiritual perfection and perfect spiritual functioning of mind , life and body, and for a collective harmony of human life in the society at large in all the aspects or the moral, cultural and spiritual level of the general public in the light of the teachings of the said great yogis and siddhars,
- to print and/or publish and /or sell and /or distribute free or with price books, pamphlets or articles on the said yogis and saints and on the said subjects and the books, writings and yoga-research findings of the founder of the trust and such other books on yoga and spiritual literature, the copyrights or publishing rights of which have been acquired by this trust for publication in English and other language in their full or abridged editions, or cause them to be printed, published and sold by and through educational institutions, universities or other book-publishers by any other means including the grant of free copyrights or free rights of publication to such educational institutions or universities for one or more editions of the books,
- to establish study centres and libraries, organize lectures, and run yoga-cum-spiritual training camps and centres for the study and practice of the integral yoga in the line of teachings of the said yogis and siddhars,
- to introduce and make to the general public the new system of yoga namely the “Yoga of Magnet ” as discovered in research by the founder of the trust in collaboration with others, and to popularize the use and application of magnets including “spiritualised magnets” by touch or otherwise for the improvement of general health of the people as well as for the development of yogic consciousness and concentration in the people and especially in those interested in doing or practicing any general or special system of yoga,
- to promote and cause to cultivate aesthetic, artistic, literary, cultural and scientific values, taste and inspiration of man which have a bearing on or relevance to the health and harmony of his mind, heart, life-energy, senses, and body and the nervous system along with the development of his yogic consciousness for the spiritual opening and receptivity-such as music, fine arts, dance, painting, sculpture, poetry, science of food-nutrition, asanas, mudras, games and light exercises, breathing methods, application of magnets etc.,
- to do and/or give charities for the charitable purpose of education including grant of scholarship to deserving students, and for the relief of the poor and for medical relief and to make contributions to such other charitable institutions,
- to do all other acts and deeds whatsoever calculated for the attainment or fulfillment of the objects sanctioned hereinbefore, without distinction of caste , community, religion and creed as determined upon from time to time by the Board of trustees.
(B) The above objects shall be independent of each other and the Board of Trustees as hereinafter constituted may from time to time apply the funds of the trust in carrying out all or any one or more of the aforesaid objects of the trust as they deem fit.
3. The trust will be administered according to the requirements of the law.
4. The trust shall be managed by a board of trustees consisting of not less than three trustees nor more than five including the founder-trustee. In case of vacancy arising in the board the remaining trustee or trustees may coopt any suitable person as trustee. Besides the founder T.R.Thulasiram, T.R.jawaharlal, B,Sc., F.C.A., residing at 33,Mahal 4th Street, Madurai-I and R.Laksmanan, B.E.(Hons), Residing at E 17, Sarvodaya Estate, Chembur, Bombay-71 shall be the other two trustees. T.R.jawaharlal shall be the managing trustee.
5. The founder of the trust hereby sets apart and donates to the trust a sum of Rs.1,001/-(Rupees one thousand and one only) to form a nucleus as capital of the trust.
6. The board of trustees shall have full control and power of management in all the affairs of the trust and of the properties, assets and funds and the transactions of the trust, and without prejudge to the generality of the foregoing to exercise all or any of the following powers.
- To determine from time to time charitable object or objects for which the funds of the trust shall be used, and to allot the funds suitably to one or more of the objects as they deem fit,
- To acquire by purchase, lease, exchange or otherwise, lands, buildings and hereditaments of any tenure or description, and/or any estate or interest therein and any rights over or connected with land, to construct and either retain the same for the purpose of the trust or to turn the same to account as may seem expedient,
- Subject to the provisions of selections 11 to 13 the Income-tax Act, 1961 or any statutory modifications made thereof from time to time to invest and deal with the moneys of the Trust not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be determined,
- Subject to selections 11 to 13 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 to receive deposits, borrow or secure the payment of money in such manner as the trust shall think fit,
- To purchase or otherwise acquire copyrights, rights of publication, production, reproduction, translation or other rights in respects of books written on yoga and spiritual subjects,
- To raise, collect and receive money for all or any of the purpose of the trust by way of subscription, gift, donation, contribution from individuals, associations, trusts, companies, governments etc.,
- To open one or more accounts with any Nationalised or Scheduled Banks in the name of the trust and to pay into and to withdraw money from such account or accounts. The Managing trustee shall operate the Bank account,
- To draw, make, accept, endorse, discount, execute and issue, negotiate, assign and otherwise deal in cheques, drafts, promissory notes, bills of exchange, hundies, securities, bills of lading, railway receipts, warrants and all other negotiable or transferable instruments,
- To enter into contracts with any person or body for any purpose of the trust,
- To sell, lease or otherwise dispose of any of the immovable properties, assets and goods of the trust,
- To incur and pay all costs, charges and expenses of and incidental to the management and collection of the assets of the trust, and collection of incomes, donations, royalties etc., and of all outstandings payable in respect of any immovable property forming part in assets of the trust as also costs, charges and expenses of and incidental to the execution and carrying out of the objects of the trust,
- To appoint on salary or allowance a secretary to manage the administration and affairs of the trust, and such other employees needed or useful for carrying out the objects of the trust.
7. Proper accounts of the trust shall be kept and maintained and shall be audited Annually by a qualified auditor. Minutes of proceedings of the Board shall be maintained.
8. The Board of trustees shall have the power to do all such acts and things as may be needed or required for fulfillment of the objects of the trust.
9. It is hereby declared that trust shall be an irrevocable charitable trust.
10. In case if winding up or closure of the trust under any circumstance and for any cause whatsoever, the whole of the surplus of the assets of the trust will be offered and made over to Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust, pondicherry or to Sri Aurobindo centre or Suddha Sanmarga centre of Swami Ramalingam at Madurai or other place or to such similar charitable institution which is recognized as a charitable institution under Sec. 80-G of the Income-Tax Act, 1961.
In witness whereof the said T.R.Thulasiram founder of the trust, here by sets his hand and signature this the tenth day of April 1982.